What a nice surprise when I was given a gift of candles from
my daughter’s boss for Christmas…
Some Zen from Jen!
Ashley and Jen are a dynamic duo sweeping the marketing corner of the IT world
from their home base in Austin… via Spiceworks.
(sidenote: Their brand color is the Tangerine Tango…
the Pantone 2012 Color of the year… read about it here🙂
She’s a huge believer in Feng Shui and we thought you should know about it too!
Here’s the dish…
Feng Shui Home Design is the Ancient Chinese method of achieving harmony through the arrangement of items and space.
I know that I have heard many different ideas on Feng Shui,
and many are misunderstood or misinterpreted.
These 8 tips and points help to explain the beliefs
and process of this design technique!
Photo from Patricia Gray Inc.
- Chictip.com has some wonderful tips to designing with
- Feng Shui shared below!
- De-clutter Every Room.
- Clutter in the home restricts the flow of positive energy, and can
- result in cluttered thinking.
- Having a tidy, organized home will result in feelings of calm and relaxation.
- Position Furniture Correctly
- Furniture should be positioned so as not to restrict free
- passage through the room,
- as this is a reflection of the flowing of energy.
- People should be able to sit with their backs to a wall whenever possible.
- Keep Work and Rest Areas Separate
- *this means no sleeping with your Blackberry**
- Any work or home office space should be kept very distinct
- from living or sleeping areas.
- The belief behind this rule is if these are mixed then relaxation
- will be impossible, and work material kept in the bedroom will
- prevent getting a good night’s rest.
- Check this bed out! It follows the curves known by Feng Shui and
- must be very comfortable by the looks of it!
- Hang Mirrors
- Mirrors are believed to reflect positive energy, therefore doubling the effect.
- They also work by preventing the flow of negative energy around the home.
Photo from manolohome.com
- Display Plants, Flowers, and Fruit – Bring the outdoors IN
- Displays of fresh flowers and plants promote positive energy.
- Displays of oranges and lemons throughout the home are
- thought to bring good luck.
Photos from elledecor.com
- Fill The House With the proper colors
- Colors have a special significance in feng shui, with
- different colors representing different things.
- For example, green symbolizes nature, and is therefore
- representative of life and hope.
- Yellow represents power, and red and purple are said to be lucky.
- Relaxing colors are best used in living spaces.
Photos from elledecor.com
- Avoid Sharp Lines And Corners.
- Roundness is preferred in feng shui.
- Wherever possible corners should not point to beds or chairs, as they
- will prevent calmness and relaxation.
Thank you Jen for thinking of me!
Until Next Time,