If you live here in Texas, you know it gets hot … and not enjoyable. We have figured out the key to beat the summer heat… and enjoy the outdoors!
We’ve put together a few tips on how to create the best and most comfortable sunroom for your summer play … read on to find out!
1. Utilize Windows: Make sure furniture against windows have low backs and great views through the open windows in a sunroom. The windows MAKE a sunroom.
2. Hanging light fixtures. While windows bring in all the daylight necessary for a sunroom, nighttime can be just as romantic in a sunroom! With a unique hanging fixture, you can add interest to the ceiling and lighting all in one!
3. Add Drapery: Drapery softens everything. Whether it is a roman shade or traversing outdoor panels, this can add color, texture and class to your sunroom instantly
4. Use the sunroom as a multifunctional space. Not only does it have to be used as a sitting area with sofas and pillows, it can easily be used as a dining space as well!
5. Look UP – The ceiling can be one of the most interesting parts of a sunroom, Because it is “different” and not a normal part of the home, many times the ceiling can be painted, wood slats added or even designed!
6. Neutral can be good too. Having soft and monochrome colors can be a calming vision for a room that you sip your morning tea and read the Sunday paper in.
Now, who wants to start a summer remodel project and add on a sunroom??