Place cocoa in a medium saucepan. Gradually whisk in milk until cocoa has dissolved. Add chocolate chips and crushed peppermint; simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until chocolate and peppermint have melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
Bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Add salt. Ladle into mugs; serve each with a peppermint stick.
Gingerbread Apple Cocktail
2 oz. Domaine de Canton
1 oz. vanilla vodka
2.5 oz. apple cider
A few drops of lemon juice
Directions:Line a chilled martini glass lightly with agave syrup on a dish followed by spiced graham cracker crumbs. Place all ingredients except for orange zest in a shaker and shake vigorously. Strain into glass. Freshly grate orange zest on drink and serve immediately.
Junior Mint Hot Chocolate
2 Cups milk
2 Cups Dark Chocolate Almond Milk
1/2 Cup finely grated chocolate
1/2 cup Jr Mints
1 Cup heavy cream
2 T Granulated Sugar
1. Pour milk and chocolate almond milk into a 3 quart saucepan over medium heat. Add grated chocolate, stirring to combine. Add Jr. Mints stirring until melted. Reduce heat to a simmer.
2. Pour cream and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Whisk until stiff peaks form
3. Ladle hot chocolate into cups and top with homemade whipped cream and sprinkle with additional grated chocolate.
- 12 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups superfine sugar
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1 1/2 quarts heavy cream
- 3 cups bourbon
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 2 cups cognac
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- In a very large bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and pale yellow. Gradually add sugar to yolks. With a wire whisk, beat in milk and 1 quart cream. Add bourbon, rum, and cognac, stirring constantly.
- Just before serving, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into mixture. Whip remaining 1/2 quart heavy cream until stiff, and fold in. Sprinkle with nutmeg