Our established high-end interior design firm seeks talented, experienced, creative and motivated candidates for a Purchasing Team Support Staff position. The candidate will work closely with both the design team and the logistics team to ensure a smooth connection from approved proposals to final installations. Applicants must be extremely organized, detail-oriented, and should have great multi-tasking and problem-solving skills. The ideal candidate is articulate in both verbal and written communication and possesses style and professionalism in keeping with that of our firm. The ideal candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and should be a self-starter.
This position is interviewing immediately with a start date (flexible) as soon as possible. This is a part-time staff position. This position would include working 4 days a week from Traci Connell’s Dallas studio.
Essential Job Functions And Key Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the expected nature of responsibility and leadership as well as the level of work. Other duties may be assigned.
- Pricing all specified items by the design team, coordination with vendors
- Creating purchasing orders and placing all orders of priced items
- Review of all acknowledgements for products
- Procurement and tracking of items
- Further developing vendor relationships in order to track items, manage timeline and handling damages as needed
- Customer experience
- Scheduling and coordination of installations and subcontractors
- Working cohesively with the design team
- Work with team leaders to ensure client satisfaction at all levels
- Working cohesively with the design team
- Routine trips to work rooms, decorative center, clients’ homes, vendors’ offices, etc.
The candidate must be physically able to perform various installation project requirements such as lifting, standing for long periods, using a ladder, and other physical duties
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of design industry is ideal, but this is not a design position
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize workflow, and meet deadlines through installation
- Highly detail oriented and extremely organized
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Professional individual in both appearance and conduct when dealing with clients, vendors and/or peers
- Corporate experience (2 or more years ideal)
- Punctuality is essential
- A cultural fit with our office is essential to working well with our team. We are very collaborative and need a team player that works well with others.
Company Standards and Expectations
- Client Satisfaction: Theclient is highly satisfied with the design and service provided (client satisfaction survey) Clients engage in additional projects and refer colleagues to use your services.
- Project Management: Project is on time and executed in an efficient, effective, professional manner (met project milestones and deadlines). Issues are anticipated and solved before they became problematic. Problems are addressed immediately with skill and diplomacy.
- Leadership and Teamwork: Received positive feedback from internal staff. Staff feels supported, empowered, and receives positive and constructive feedback throughout the project. There is a strong, positive culture and camaraderie within the team.
About the Company
Traci Connell Interiors is an award-winning, nationally published, luxury design firm based in Dallas, Texas with projects spanning across the U.S. Specializing in clean-lined, modern design, TCI services clients looking for smart, durable, and high-end interiors, a true marriage of luxury and livability. The team at TCI delivers a streamlined system of service that expertly simplifies and organizes the design process, becoming one of the most trusted design firms in Dallas. The team’s impeccable eye for space planning and design combined with their in-depth knowledge of project management proves invaluable for clients ranging from first-time homeowners to busy young families, empty nesters, and those seeking vacation homes. Traci Connell Interiors has proudly been named D Home Best Designer of 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021, and included in 2018, 2020 and 2021 Luxe Interiors + Design Gold List. Our firm’s philosophy is two-pronged: we marry luxury and livability, and we want to design in a sense that we evoke a feeling when the homeowner walks in. This design mentality is equally carried over to the culture of our design team as we strive to initiate empowerment of everyone while celebrating successes and leaning on each other as we grow to create a happy work/life balance as well as a fun and creative office environment. Traci Connell Interiors has been a part of the esteemed Dallas design community for over 20 years and has brought many budding designers to their full potential. Traci has a personal goal to support and mentor up-and-coming designers that stem from her past career as a teacher. Through this desire, she has upskilled and illuminated her staff to which 3 of her key team members have been a part of TCI’s culture and creativity for over 8 years tenure. We consider ourselves experts in delivering original designs that provide our clients with ease of mind. Our goal is to create luxurious interiors and custom homes that offer family-friendly livable-style.
How to Apply
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company with inspiring values and a real focus on the benefit of others and curating the longevity of a team. We care deeply about the work that we do and each other. If you feel aligned with this mission, please apply by emailing email@example.com.